Holy cow! Week 2, check!
Our eating is definitely better than it ever has been but with such a big change we are really slacking on other things.
We aren’t sleeping that much. I have to cook so much. Not a complaint, just a reality. I either stay up late prepping things for the next day or I prep during the day when I would usually be doing other chores, like laundry. So I stay up late doing laundry.
Then since we’re sleeping less, we’re waking up late which throws the whole day off. Brandon hasn’t gone to workout all week. He usually goes every weekday. I’ve been missing several classes I usually attend because dinner has been taking longer to cook and I don’t make it to class on time.
That being said, I don’t think that the Whole30 is affecting us negatively, we just have to learn how to absorb this new thing added to our schedule and routine.
- Egg and Sausage Casserole
- Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde
- 1/2 an Orange
- 1/2 an Apple with Almond Butter
- 1/2 an Avocado
Lunch: left is my lunch, right was Kraft’s.
- Leftover Ginger-Sesame Salad / Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Carrot Sticks
- Celery Sticks with Almond Butter
- Hard-boiled Egg
- Pot Roast and Veggies
- Acorn Squash
- Cashew Cookie Larabar – I know, I know, we’re not supposed to use as dessert but I did. Sue me. 🙂
- Cut 2 bunches of celery into celery sticks
How We Felt:
I think Week 2 was definitely harder than Week 1. I wasn’t as organized and a lot of non-Whole30 things fell through the cracks but I’m assuming this is just what happens when developing a new routine. I definitely want to be more organized for the upcoming week.
Week 2 Meal Roundup
- Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Pederson Farms (sugar-free) bacon, Green Monster Smoothie.
- Lunch: Rudy’s Brisket and Turkey, Lots of fruit
- Dinner: Tuna Salad with jalapeños and avocado, Handful of Almonds.
- Breakfast: Two fried eggs, 1/2 a Sweet Potato, Garlic and Herb Chicken Sausage, 1/2 Apple with Almond Butter
- Lunch: Cauliflower Fried Rice, Roasted Broccoli and Cherry Tomatoes, Carrot Sticks, 1/2 an Apple, Grapes
- Dinner: Leftover Tuna Salad, 1/2 an avocado, Handful of Blueberries
- Breakfast: Skillet Eggs, 1/2 an Apple and Almond Butter, 1 Breakfast Turkey Sausage Patty
- Lunch: Sweet Potato Noodle and Apple Spinach Salad
- Dinner: Hamburger Patty, 1/2 an Avocado, Salsa, Spinach, 1/2 a Baked Potato
- Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Spinach, Banana and Almond Butter
- Lunch: Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole, 1/2 an Apple with Almond Butter
- Dinner: Baked Chicken Breast with Chimichurri Sauce, 1/2 and Avocado, Spinach
- Breakfast: Two Fried Eggs, Spinach, Garlic Herb Chicken Sausage, Handful of Blueberries
- Lunch: Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad, 1/2 an Apple
- Snack: Cashew Cookie Larabar and a handful of Roasted Plantain Chips.
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Turkey Legs, Kale
- Breakfast: Egg and Sausage Casserole, Spinach, Banana and Almond Butter
- Lunch: Leftover Ginger-Sesame Salad, Carrot Sticks, Handful of Blueberries, Pecan Pie Larabar
- Dinner: Milkcan Supper
- Breakfast: Egg and Sausage Casserole, Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde, 1/2 an Orange, 1/2 an Apple with Almond Butter, 1/2 an Avocado, Spinach
- Lunch: Leftover Ginger-Sesame Salad / Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole, Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks with Almond Butter, Hard-boiled Egg
- Dinner: Pot Roast and Veggies, Acorn Squash, Cashew Cookie Larabar
This post is part of the thread: Whole30 – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.