If you’re a guy and talking about lady business makes you uncomfortable, just skim on down to the food part.
After my cycles started again after the twins, I could tell right away that I had a few really strong symptoms associated with PMS. Like my carb cravings were out of control. I would almost blackout and find a third piece of toast slathered with butter shoved in my mouth. Or as soon as the girls were in bed, out came the step-stool to dig through the depths of our pantry hoping that some birthday party candy got shoved up there. It was almost this uncontrollable thing. But outside of the pre-menstrual window, I had no problem not eating sweets and limiting my bread intake. I also was seriously moody. Ok, ok, that’s me most of the time. But I really only feel that off-the-charts rage also during this pre-menstrual window.
I was so convinced that something had to be off hormonally that I went to see my doctor about it and just got a blood test done last week at P+7 to see what was going on.
This time that I just started my cycle, I forgot that I was starting. I mean I knew on my chart I was getting close, but all these usual signals, like chronic candy-eating, or rage fits were not there. I haven’t been craving sugar and carbs at all. I think I might even be eating a little less fruit than usual and I haven’t had almond butter in a few days. Weird.
I did some looking around online. Whole30 seriously has thought of almost anything. You can type Whole30 and whatever and the official site will have written about it. Except women’s cycles. I’m sure it’s because every person is different so they don’t want to say that cramps and bloating and PMS symptoms can be lessened when really it’s just anecdotal. But considering that it would be really interesting to find out what has happened to other women on the Whole30, they should devote some webspace to it.
Breakfast: [late wakeup, means we were rushing to get breakfast served so no picture]
- Breakfast Pizza Quiche – Again, baked eggs aren’t my favorite but, so far, this is def my favorite breakfast casserole. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find Whole30 compliant pepperoni. Seriously, I’ve looked everywhere. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, HEB. They all have dextrose. So I started looking at other cured meats. I found a Boar’s Head Beef Salami that contains no added sugar but they didn’t list any ingredients so it might have had sulfites or whatever. But I tried my best and really wanted to make this dish.
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 an Apple
- Handful of Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Mix
- Tuna Salad with Whole30 Mayo and Avocado
- Handful of Grapes
- Chili Dog Bowl – Leftover Chili, Applegate Hot Dogs (are Whole30 compliant), Mustard and 1/2 an Avocado
- Trader Joe’s Roasted Plantain Chips
How We Felt:
I was able to make it to every one of the exercise classes I like to attend during the week and I feel great. Not that sore even though I’ve really been pushing myself during class. And my joints feel great. Usually at the end of the week my knees are really achy but they are fine right now. I’m impressed. I was skeptical that my joint pain was ever going to change.
Week 3 Meal Roundup:
- Breakfast: Green Monster Smoothie, Egg and Sausage Casserole, Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole, Bacon
- Lunch: Raw Veggies and Fruit
- Dinner: Buffalo Ranch and Garlic Basil Chicken Wings, Ranch, Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks, Rainbow Slaw
- Breakfast: Kerbey Lane Harvest Omelette, Home Fries, Fruit
- Lunch: Leftover Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole, Hard-boiled egg
- Dinner: Hamburger patty, Rainbow Slaw, Potato and Green Bean Salad, Watermelon, Banana Chia Pudding
- Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Power to the Greens Mix, 1/2 an Avocado, Banana Chia Pudding
- Lunch: Turkey Waldorf Salad and 1/2 a Sweet Potato with Cinnamon
- Dinner: Pot Roast, 1/2 an Avocado, Roasted onions and red peppers, Rainbow Slaw
- Breakfast: Last of the Pot Roast, Spinach, Handful of Pecans, 2 Fried Eggs, Banana and Almond Butter
- Lunch: Last of the Waldorf Salad, Carrot Sticks, 1/2 an Avocado, Handful of Pecans
- Dinner: Fish Taco Bowls , Spinach, Cabbage Slaw Mix, Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde, 1/2 an Avocado
- Breakfast: 2 Fried Eggs, Spinach, 1/2 an Apple and Almond Butter, Handful of Pecans
- Lunch: Carrot Sticks, Spinach, Deli Turkey, 1/2 a Sweet Potato with Cinnamon, Pecan Pie Larabar
- Dinner: 30-Minute Chicken Cacciatore , Spinach, Watermelon
- Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 1/2 an Avocado, Strawberries, Spinach
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Cacciatore, Spinach, Grapes
- Dinner: No-Bean Turkey Chili, 1/2 an Avocado, Trader Joe’s Roasted Plantain Chips
- Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza Quiche, 1/2 an Avocado, 1/2 an Apple, Handful of Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Mix
- Lunch: Tuna Salad with Whole30 Mayo and Avocado, Handful of Grapes
- Dinner: Chili Dog Bowl and Plantain Chips
This post is part of the thread: Whole30 – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.