I am by nature a very naggy person. I think it’s a by product of being a Mexican woman and coming from a long line of naggers. Poor Brandon, he gets the brunt of it, mostly because there is no one else to nag. I am constantly nagging him to do things and then when he does them, then I nag that he didn’t do it right. I am aware of this ridiculous and annoying habit so I really do try my best to curb it as much as possible. I know I still do it plenty though. It is so easy to be negative and just look at all the annoying things that Brandon does or doesn’t do. Especially now that I’m home all the time, I get all day to think about it. I have really started to put effort into not being a jerk and being a supportive and loving wife. I hate it that sometimes I make Brandon feel like a screw up. Sure he doesn’t really know how to clean the bathroom and his closet is always a mess but does that really make a bad husband? No. Am I a bad wife for not understanding (or really caring about) the difference between Windows and Ubuntu? I sure do hope not because then I’m just up a creek. He is truly a fantastic and loving husband and I am so amazingly lucky to be married to him.
So, because I don’t say it all the time, here are the top 10 reasons I love my husband…
10) Especially when I was pregnant, buts still now, he is always willing to go out and get me anything I want at any time of day. When we’re sitting and vegging out late at night and I mention I’m craving ice cream, he immediately asks if I want him to go get some for me. And he really means it.
9) He always, always takes my clothing or hair advice without question. He just trusts me when it comes to this.
8) He knows how to do anything tech/computer related. It’s awesome to never have to worry about figuring any of that stuff out. If Brandon doesn’t know how to do it, he will spend days figuring it out if he has to.
7) He will dance ridiculously, and I mean really ridiculously, just to bring a smile to Olivia’s face.
6) He will make up songs that aren’t to any tune in existence all the time.
5) I have cooked some pretty awful food since we started dating and he eats two helpings without complaining to prove that he liked it even though I knew it was barely edible.
4) He gets super excited when I show even the slightest of interest in anything technology related. You should have seen him when I told him I wanted to start a blog.
3) He loves transportation and can’t wait to drive on new roads/tollroads as soon as they open.
2) Him and my dad try one up each other by eating the hottest (spiciest) food they can find.
1) He never complained when I made him chaperone high school dances because he is always so supportive of anything I do.
He is my husband and my best friend. As much as he drives me crazy, I love him dearly and can’t imagine my life any other way. Happy Valentine’s Day, honey.