Ok, I’ve got another confession to make. I’ve been weighing myself daily.
I know, I know. It’s a big no no.
I’m totally going to throw Kraft under the bus on this one. He has always weighed himself daily. He likes metrics. So on Day 1 I told him not to weigh himself and he did it anyway. (“Just like a man!” for all those Anne of Green Gables lovers out there.) And since he did it, I did it. #peerpressure #justsayno
You know what is so interesting? My weight has been totally stable. Before the Whole30 when I would weigh myself throughout the week (always in the morning before eating), my weight would fluctuate about 7 pounds. But since starting the Whole30, my weight is exactly the most low number of that 7 pound range everyday. It’s kind of amazing. It seems like my body is finally experiencing stability instead of my capricious treat-indulging throughout the week. I can only conclude that this is good.
But I will admit that 11 days in, I’m getting discouraged that I haven’t lost weight. So I’ll have to agree with them and say that you really, really shouldn’t weigh yourself. The last thing you need while doing a Whole30 is discouragement. Especially discouragement that is in your power to avoid. Just don’t step up on the scale.
I’m going to stop. I won’t weigh myself tomorrow or the rest of the Whole30, cross my heart. As they say, I don’t want to be a slave to that hunk of plastic. You don’t own me, scale. *sassy snap*
- Fried Eggs
- Banana and Almond Butter
- Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole – I actually made this for this week’s post-workout meal but I didn’t have anything on hand that was quick for lunch
- 1/2 an Apple with Almond Butter
- Baked Chicken Breast with Chimichurri Sauce – This sauce is so amazing. I hate pesto so I was worried it was going to taste like pesto. It doesn’t. It tastes like awesome. And you can put it on anything: beef, fish, chicken. It makes everything perfect. Before you cook the meat you douse it with this stuff, then after you take it out of oven, you drizzle some more on. Bam. Ship it.
- 1/2 and Avocado
Prep: I actually haven’t prepped for the week which is making each day pretty hard but I did make a few things today to get a head start on tomorrow.
- Post-workout meal for the week – Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole (This is really good. I got so sick of that frittata I made last week. I don’t think I’m going to get sick of this.)
- Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad – made this for the next couple days of lunch
How We Felt:
👍 for the most part. A little 😴.