This Whole30 deal makes you do some strange things:
- Kraft stood over the peanut butter jar smelling it for like 10 seconds this morning
- I have this overwhelming urge to have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios
- As I was serving the kids rice, I got a few grains on my finger and immediately put them in my mouth, then ran to the trash to spit them out. Two grains of rice, folks. #totallyunnecessary
We’re officially Whole30 crazy.
Breakfast: [not pictured]
- Skillet Eggs
- 1/2 an Apple with Almond Butter
- 2-3 slices of turkey (Our grocery store makes in-house real slices of turkey off of a turkey breast. So good and the turkey (not the ham, boo) is Whole30 compliant #awesomesauce)
- Handful of Almonds
- Small Banana
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork (Which really should be called shredded pork because pulled pork implies saucy deliciousness and this has no sauce. Trust me, I’m a Texan.) – This was really good. I’d say if I had thrown in chipotle peppers while it was cooking it would taste just like The Pioneer Woman’s recipe that uses Dr. Pepper and brown sugar.
- Carrot Sticks
- Sautéed Cruciferous Mix with Garlic – not my favorite, but Kraft liked it
- 1/2 an Avocado
How we felt today:
Just yesterday I uttered the famous last words, “This isn’t so bad. We haven’t really had the symptoms that the Whole30 timeline said. Maybe we were eating better than we thought.”
I’ve been hungry all day. Kraft was fine. But the funniest part is that right in the afternoon I totally hit a wall. I could have curled up in the speech therapist’s office I was waiting in and fallen asleep. When I got home, I started putting away laundry but ended up face down on the carpet in my kids’ room dozing off. Lina ran into the room to do something and jumped and screamed because Mama was on the floor fully stretched out.
The general progression of feelings on this program is “Hangover” –> “Kill All the Things” –> “Just Want to Nap”. I skipped the hangover part. I tend towards being grumpy most days so “Kill All the Things” didn’t really phase me. I was thrown headlong into NAP. Now. Nap now. Do it. Don’t think. Do it. Nap. NOW.
Here’s hoping tomorrow brings some more energy and satiety.