Image via Wikipedia
From the beginning, Brandon and I have been in love, love, love with The Voice. We’ve watched it from its first airing. The following are things that I think would make it better for its second season:
1) Cee Lo. You are a brilliant, brilliant entertainer and I enjoy your part of the shows more than anyone else’s. I even like that you wear sunglasses all the time. Even in a dark room. Keep these on. But please, please wear pants that fit your crotch. I know that sounds weird but the fact that the crotch of your pants is about a foot lower than your actual crotch just makes you look like a little person. Very disproportionate. Oh and the outfit you wore tonight – matronly. I never thought I would call a man’s outfit matronly, but it was. The red and black with the flower rhinestones. It was not good. It looked like an outfit for a mother of the bride. Love you and your performing style and pizazz, do not like your regular clothes.
2) I’m sorry that I am advocating for someone to lose their job, but Allison Haislip. I’m sorry, she has to go. Not just her but her position. I do not need a V correspondent. I do not need someone to ask the performers questions from Twitter. I do not need someone to read facebook comments to me on tv. If I wanted to hear this, I would get online and read it. I hated this part of the show. So stupid and a total waste of time.
3) The episodes do not need to be 2 hours long. This is another waste of time. Make it fit an hour. It doesn’t make me watch for 2 hours. It makes me turn it off when I realize that I will have to watch a whole additional hour and makes me not want to continue watching it next time.
4) While I always thought Carson Daly was a tool, this actually made me like him a lot. He really is a good host. He had no problem handling all the live shows. He is a really good facilitator with funny side comments. He is very good at his job.
5) Christina, you are great, but you looked the best in this last show. I don’t like the Madonna look you’re going for. It doesn’t seem to suit you.
6) One of the performers tonight came out with a rosary around his neck. If you’re going to wear a rosary, could you please at least not put your hand on your dancer’s ass? I don’t think that is too much to ask.
7) Love, love, love Blake Shelton. Wish I could drink a beer with him.
8) I think Javier Colon should win. With Dia as a close second. As Brandon put it, I would buy Dia’s CD but I would go to Javier’s concert and buy his CD.
Not that anyone at NBC is going to read this. But that’s my two cents. I can now stop yelling these things at the TV.